Have you ever experienced Airwave to manage your IAP cluster ? I have. And I must say that I spent a lot of time to resolve missmatched configuration.
Let’s start with technical information :
- Cluster with IAP303 and 304 in version 184.108.40.206
- Airwave to manage the IAP cluster in version 220.127.116.11
So how do I know I have missmatched configuration ? That’s pretty easy to see that :
When you see that, this is because the configuration stored in Airwave is different from the IAP cluster. One way or another you made a configuration on IAP cluster when it was managed by Airwave (CLI or WEB UI).
I read the admin guide, but this was not clear how to use template to resolve the issue. The are some post on Aruba forum, and this interesting post on aruba blog but nothing really usefull.
Thus, just follows these steps:
- Stop to manage your IAP cluster (group -> basic)
Then a menu template will appear
- Our goal now is to download the config from IAP (or fetch), so go to group-> template and fetch the configuration for both the cluster and one IAP in the cluster. Bellow you can see I already fetched the config for Aruba Instant thin AP but not yet for IAP cluster
On top, you have several screenshots, I downloaded the configuration from IAP and from IAP cluster.
- Last step : go back to the basic menu and switch to enable instant GUI config.
Off course, from now, you must avoid to modify the configuration on the IAP cluster itself.